Thank you for joining us at this year’s AEJMC conference in Washington, D.C. Please check back for updates on next year’s conference in Montreal, Canada at Le Centre Sheraton, August 6-9, 2014.
Congratulations to this year’s top paper awards!
1. Facebook Use and Political Participation,* Gary Tang, Lap Fung The Chinese University of Hong Kong (*Gene Burd Award Winner for Top Faculty Paper). Discussant: Jacob Groshek, Boston
2. “Candy Crush”: Understanding the Relationship Between Sensation Seeking, Locus of Control, Life Satisfaction, and Motivations for Playing Facebook Games,* Pavica Sheldon, Alabama, Huntsville (*Top Faculty Paper – 2nd place). Discussant: Jimmy Ivory, Virginia Tech
3. The Lure of Grandkids and the Desire for Online Privacy: Why Retirees Use (or Avoid) Facebook,* Eun-Hwa Jung, Justin Walden, Ariel Johnson and S. Shyam Sundar, Pennsylvania State (*Top Faculty Paper – 3rd place). Discussant: Bruce Garrison, Miami
1. A Floor Analysis of Online News Discussion on Facebook and the New York Times Website,* Shuo Tang, Indiana (Jung-Sook Lee Award, Top Student Paper).
2. Can Extroversion and Gender Make a Difference? The Effects of HCI and CMC Interactivity, Yan Huang, Zhiyao Ye and Ariel Johnson, Pennsylvania State.
3. A Tale of Many Tweets: How Stakeholders Respond to Nonprofit Organizations’ Tweets, Jeanine Guidry, George Washington.